Love in the Time of COVID-19
Keeping Connections | March 23, 2020
Dear Clients As the situation with COVID19 is changing on a daily basis we understand the difficulties many people are facing. We are updating our operations as required to maximise support for you whilst maintaining precautions.
Here are the keys points today:
– To assist in social distancing all our appointments are now online or via the phone. You will receive an invitation to a Zoom meeting for your appointment. Zoom is a secure platform with a range of features that assist in making sessions useful. All you need to do is click on the link. If you would prefer another platform (Skype, phone) please let me know.
– I suggest you attend your session in a quiet, safe room, possibly with a cuppa and a notebook and pen.
– Fees will remain the same. If you are in a high-risk group (under a MHCP) Medicare has removed the gap for you so there will be no out of pocket fee.
– I’m experienced in offering Telehealth sessions and work with clients all around the world. Please contact me if you have any queries about online sessions.
Updates | March 16, 2020
This letter is to advise you that like everyone else we are trying to remain calm whilst also being thoughtful and proactive in our response to the facts and the fears about Coronavirus. We will be increasing our cleaning at the clinic, in particular disinfecting handles, desk, devices and other regularly used surfaces after each session. We have added a 15 minute buffer between sessions to reduce contact with others and we ask you to use the hand sanitiser on arrival at sessions. We have an outdoor seating area set up for sessions should you like to avoid the clinic room and Telehealth sessions are available. I regularly work online with clients all over the world.
Vulnerable or Isolated Clients
For Vulnerable/Isolated clients on a MHCP, Telehealth sessions are available with no gap fee. The criteria requires at least one of the following apply:
(a) the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus but who is not a patient of a hospital; or
(b) the person has been required to isolate themselves in quarantine in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC); or
(c) the person is considered more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus being a person who is: (i) at least 70 years old; or (ii) at least 50 years old and is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or (iii) is pregnant; or (iv) is a parent of a child under 12 months; or (v) is already under treatment for chronic health conditions or is immune compromised; or
(d) the person meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
Please contact us to check if you are eligible and would like to book a Telehealth session. We ask that you also, please take care to ensure you are physically well when you attend your psychology appointments.
What You Can Do
In accordance with the current public health recommendations, we will, and we ask that you also please plan ahead and reschedule your appointment if:
– You, or someone you might have been in contact with, have returned from any overseas travel in the last 14 days.
– You have been, or think you might have been in contact with someone who has tested positive to the Coronavirus.
– You are simply experiencing any mild or severe cough, cold, or flu-like symptoms.
If you are not sure whether or not you should come in, please err on the side of caution and reschedule your appointment – and please give us a couple of days’ notice. If you have any concerns about having to pay late cancellation fees as a result of cancelling your appointment with little notice – please speak with us about it.
In most cases cancellation fees can be waived. We will do our best to stay well – and to help you keep well when you come in to see us.
If you have any questions or concerns please email me at Kristina@kristinachallands.com.au or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 1800 020 080
Kristina Challands Psychologist
Get in Touch
Call 0487 480 120
Book an appointment online